REFRIGERATION A/C MECHANIC III (NON STANDARD HOURS)
|Date Opened||2/1/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/15/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$35,464.00 - $53,185.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs all types of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walkin and chesttype freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Schedules preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Prepares necessary drawings and sketches.
- Requisitions and maintains a supply of replacement parts.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- May assign, supervise and inspect the work of lower level workers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation operating principles.
- Considerable knowledge of safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of the electrical aspects of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Skill in working with tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose refrigeration and air conditioning mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Completion of the tenth grade; and
Three years of experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
Completion of the tenth grade; and
Successful completion of a refrigeration and air conditioning program from a Vocational/Technical school; and
Two years of experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AT TIME OF APPLICATION
If you believe that you qualify for this position based upon education or training you have received, you will be required to provide a copy of your official college transcripts or copy of diploma from the accredited college/university, and/or a copy of a certificate indicating your successful completion of any required training, before your qualifications will be evaluated.
Note: If you will be faxing copies to the Civil Service Office, please include your full name and last four digits of your social security number, and fax the required documents to (813) 272 - 5620.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY REQUIRES
|Application Screening (Civil Service Office)|
|Performance Exam, if required (Civil Service Office)|
|Written Exam, if required (Civil Service Office)|
|Establish List (Civil Service Office)|
|Department Selection Interviews (Hiring Agency)|
|Background Investigation (Hiring Agency)|
|Job Offer (Hiring Agency)|
SPECIAL NOTE: The position to be filled, as a result of this recruitment, will require working non-standard (shift) hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.