MAINTENANCE REPAIR SUPERVISOR (NON STANDARD HOURS)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||1/4/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$41,288.00 - $61,921.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Performs supervisory and administrative duties directing maintenance and repair personnel engaged in skilled, specialized or technical trades work related to maintenance, repair or construction of buildings, grounds, or roadways, and related systems and equipment to enhance and maintain assets at a prescribed standard.
NOTE: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- †Supervises the activities of skilled trades and maintenance personnel engaged in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways, and related systems and equipment by planning, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Develops, analyzes and updates maintenance policies and procedures to ensure an efficient, effective and safe work environment.
- Monitors, prioritizes, participates in, and inspects work activities to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, codes, standards, regulations, operating instructions and safety standards and to ensure operational efficiency and a safe working environment.
- Plans job layouts, estimates materials, determines equipment and tools, and makes drawings or sketches necessary for maintenance personnel to properly perform work assignments.
- Determines, schedules and oversees preventive maintenance activities to increase operational effectiveness and extend the lifecycle of assets.
- Requisitions equipment, tools and materials in a timely manner to ensure maintenance and construction schedules are met.
- Assists in developing contract specifications and overseeing the performance of contracts in assigned area to ensure construction and maintenance requirements are satisfied and services are completed in accordance with specifications.
- Answers questions and provides information related to work assignments including resolving problems, handling complaints and providing technical expertise in area of assignment.
- Prepares and maintains manual and computerized reports, records and logs related to the work performed, and materials, equipment and supplies used to provide an audit trail of activities.†
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the rules, regulations and operational requirements of the organization to which assigned.
- Working knowledge of accepted methods, practices and procedures used in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of equipment, tools and materials used in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds and roadways and related systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of safety practices and principles related to the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of record keeping requirements.
- Working knowledge of laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and standard operating procedures related to the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of the organizationís procurement system.†
- Skill in supervising and performing routine repairs, maintenance or construction of buildings, grounds, or roadways, and related systems and equipment.
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of building, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately assess maintenance and repair needs and make adjustments to maintenance crews and/or schedules as required.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to work outside in a sub-tropical climate.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, kneel, bend and climb in the performance of duties.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, blueprints, diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Nine years of work experience in construction, maintenance, or the skilled trades, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Associate's degree with a major in construction technology or engineering technology; and
Seven years of work experience in construction, maintenance, or the skilled trades, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
SPECIAL NOTE: The position to be filled, as a result of this recruitment, will require working non-standard (shift) hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.