AIRPORT TRAFFIC SPECIALIST (NON STANDARD HOURS)
|Date Opened||4/19/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$31,574.00 - $47,382.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Directs and controls vehicular traffic on Aviation Authority terminal curbside drives and at checkpoint areas crossing taxiways.
- Provides customer service, curbside assistance and information to airport users.
- Performs security duties to insure protection of airport property, facilities, personnel and the general public.
- Operates required communications equipment.
- Facilitates impounding of vehicles found in violation of airport parking regulations.
- Prepares written reports on shift activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of airport traffic rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of airport security rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the unit to which assigned.
- Ability to provide good customer service when dealing with the general public.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to properly direct vehicular traffic.
- Ability to operate a tow truck.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability and willingness to work shift hours including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to use radio and telephone communications equipment.
- Ability to work outside in a subtropical climate under adverse weather conditions.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Be 18 years of age or older; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
SPECIAL NOTE: The position to be filled, as a result of this recruitment, will require working non-standard (shift) hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.