PUBLIC RELATIONS/INFORMATION SPECIALIST II (CUSTOMER SERV)(NSH)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||11/2/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/16/2012 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$29,660.00 - $44,470.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Provides information and assistance to the Airport patrons concerning the use of the facility, available services, local attractions and flight information.
- Conducts educational walking tours of the Airport terminal for VIPs, the school system, seniors groups, and community organizations.
- Conducts educational bus tours of the airfield for the school system, seniors groups, and community organizations.
- Monitors escalators, elevators, shuttle cars, and the monorail system concerning accidents and outages.
- Acts as an official representative of the Aviation Authority at fairs, festivals, and community functions.
- Maintains a booth or display in terminal to provide literature and promotional items.
- Acts as a public speaker and official representative of the Aviation Authority when requested by schools, civic or business organizations.
- Assists with lost children, lost articles, reporting suspicious items, and facilitating professional assistance for patrons requiring police or medical aid.
- Assists with routine office duties and updating reference materials.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of County and community resources and of available information and service sources.
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Skill in making presentations to groups.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and maintain files and records.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from a high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience in a public contact capacity.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
SPECIAL NOTE: The position to be filled, as a result of this recruitment, will require working non-standard (shift) hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.