GENERAL MANAGER II (POLICE ADMINISTRATION)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||1/4/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$58,780.00 - $88,192.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Manages the Administration and Fiscal Management Section of the Police Department, establishing administrative policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure operational efficiency and effective administration of assigned personnel.
- Manages the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) accreditation process, establishing and reviewing policies and maintaining compliance of set standards while coordinating with all branches/sections within the Aviation Authority.
- Prepares budget documents, monitors status of allocated funds and controls expense; Assesses personnel staffing needs within the department and assists in the recruitment and selection of those personnel.
- Conducts technical analysis and evaluations of data using financial and/or police reports; Responds to requests for statistical information from databases and formulates and edits monthly reports.
- Coordinates with other branches/sections within own organization and external agencies/departments to ensure efficient flow of communications and service; interprets, explains and ensures compliance with program requirements, regulation and procedures, to include coordinator/administrator for the TIAPD with Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Uniform Crime Report and coordinates the sealing and expunging of TIAPD reports in compliance with court orders.
- Participates and represents the department in meetings concerning records management, administrative staff duties, computer software upgrades, and technical workgroup meetings.
- Provides supervision, guidance, training and motivation to assigned personnel; coordinates functions; assigns, monitors and reviews work; evaluates performance, and initiates corrective action, as needed.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of the Florida Contraband and Forfeiture report for FDLE and the Department of the Treasury.
- Manages special projects involving records and reports as assigned; Prepares descriptive reports, utilizing detailed charts and diagrams; Prepares detailed executive summary reports and staff proposals.
- Completes payroll and attendance records, procurement processes and financial reporting; Ensures payroll submissions are accurate and on time.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of management.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions, activities, requirements and objectives of the specific program/functional area to which assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree; and
Four years of experience within a law enforcement agency, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Master's degree; and
Three years of experience within a law enforcement agency, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Associate's degree; and
Six years of experience within a law enforcement agency, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Seven years of experience within a law enforcement agency, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Preference given to applicants with experience in law enforcement accreditation and budgeting.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.