GENERAL MANAGER I (OFFICE ADMINISTRATION)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||1/25/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/8/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$52,208.00 - $78,291.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Coordinates with the Risk Management department and outside agencies to facilitate timely receipt of certificates of insurance and bonds to meet contractual agreements.
- Manages general administrative duties and processes for the Procurement Department.
- Provides liaison and coordination with other departments, contractors, design professionals and outside agencies; interpret applicable requirements to ensure data are accurate.
- Oversees the Supplier Registration program
- Oversees the Purchasing Card program
- Oversees the processing of Board agenda documentation processing
- Oversees the processing of contracts and agreement for Legal review and approval
- Processes agenda for capital improvement program committee meetings
- Assists in the preparation and update of capital improvement program project management plans including scope of work, budget and schedule
- Assists in the closeout of projects and contracts
- Oversees the administrative support services to Procurement Department staff
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the functions, activities, requirements and objectives of the specific program/functional area to which assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of management.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to use initiative, and exercise sound judgment.
- May require specialized technical knowledge of a specific operational area, and the ability to perform and/or supervise specialized work in that area.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field; and
Three years of experience in business, office administration or risk management, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Master's degree in Business Administration or related field; and
Two years of experience in business, office administration or risk management, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field; and
Five years of experience experience in business, office administration or risk management, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Six years of experience experience in business, office administration or risk management, three of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.