COMMUNITY SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGER
|Date Opened||1/24/2014 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/7/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of grant and/or ad valorem funded programs to insure that objectives are accomplished according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepares and coordinates studies and reports involving resource allocation, revenue projections, funding source development, utilization of services and/or the management of contracts and grants.
- Develops policies for administration of contracts and grant funded programs.
- Develops recommendations concerning present and future grant and contract funding requirements for current and projected programs.
- Conducts research to provide technical expertise concerning funding resources, contract development and grant application requirements.
- Monitors and serves as liaison with federal, state and local representatives concerning funding sources for service programs.
- Engages in networking and partnering for program and resource development
- Contributes expertise in the following focus area(s): health / child well-being.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of procedures related to public grant administration.
- Extensive knowledge of funding sources and associated requirements and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of governmental administration and organization.
- Working knowledge of legislative processes.
- Skill in the application of managerial techniques.
- Skill in making presentations to groups.
- Ability to formulate goals/objectives and evaluate research projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Three years of experience involving duties concerning research into, developing funding applications for, monitoring, planning, evaluating or contracting of community service programs.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies noted.
The Ideal Candidate has a Master's Degree and five years of experience in the social service field. The Ideal Candidate has experience managing contracts and experience in health related issues or programs and outcomes concerning young children and their families.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.