Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||11/23/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2012 12:40:00 PM|
|Salary||$18,158.00 - $28,849.00/year|
|Department||FAMILY AND AGING SERVICES|
|Additional Departments||HEAD START DIVISON / DIVISION OF AGING SERVICES|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Dusts, polishes and arranges furniture and empties wastebaskets.
- Sweeps, mops, waxes and polishes floors.
- Cleans and replaces supplies in restrooms and disposes of wastepaper.
- Cleans and washes windows.
- Replaces light bulbs and air conditioner filters.
- Moves furniture and equipment, delivers supplies and runs errands.
- Mows grass, trims hedges, sweeps and cleans sidewalks.
- Reports damages to facilities, grounds and cleaning equipment.
- Performs minor repairs and adjustments to cleaning equipment.
- Opens and closes facilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge in the use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Working knowledge of safety procedures in the use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
|Application Screening (Civil Service Office)|
|Performance Exam, if required (Civil Service Office)|
|Written Exam, if required (Civil Service Office)|
|Establish List (Civil Service Office)|
|Department Selection Interviews (Hiring Agency)|
|Background Investigation (Hiring Agency)|
|Job Offer (Hiring Agency)|
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.