PLANT MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||2/1/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/15/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$27,976.00 - $44,428.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Installs, overhauls, repairs, maintains and services equipment such as pumps, motors, chemical feeders, gas and diesel engines, compressors, comminutors and other types of automotive or mechanical equipment.
- Performs oxygen acetylene and electric welding, brazing and soldering.
- Instructs lower level mechanics and assistants in the repair of plant and related equipment.
- Checks, adjusts and maintains equipment service records.
- Submits requests for new parts and equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections, participates in preventive maintenance programs and supervises lower level mechanics and assistants.
- May answer emergency calls to repair equipment on an "on call, 24 hour per day" basis.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the materials, tools, and methods used in the repair, maintenance, and servicing of a variety of pumps, motors and gear drives.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and repair of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Knowledge of parts requirements and the interchangeability of parts between various makes and models of equipment.
- Skill in locating and adjusting defects in water and wastewater equipment.
- Skill in the use and care of hand and machine tools used to repair and adjust equipment.
- Ability to supervise the work of a group of semi-skilled assistants.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Completion of the ninth grade; and
Four years of experience as a mechanic working with pumps, internal combustion, or electrical motors; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.