SENIOR CREW LEADER
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||12/7/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/11/2012 7:55:00 AM|
|Salary||$31,512.00 - $50,044.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Supervises the work of one or more crews engaged in any of the following activities: the application of slag to road beds; the maintenance and construction of wooden bridges; the laying of culverts and drain pipes; the building, dismantling, and rebuilding of fences; the patching of paved roads; the cleaning of buildings and grounds; the clearing of rights of way; the installation, repair, and maintenance of water and wastewater lines, meters and force mains; the operation of machines for painting road center lines; the installation and repair of irrigation systems; the planting, care and maintenance of lawns, plants, trees, and shrubs; the application of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides; and grafting, plant propagation, and landscaping.
- Supervises a crew of prisoners, community service workers or work release persons engaged in construction, maintenance or equipment operation.
- Provides training, guidance, and assistance to subordinates.
- Helps resolve job related problems; and reviews work for compliance with plans, codes, standards and regulations.
- Requisitions necessary tools, supplies, materials, and equipment needed for job completion.
- Maintains operational records and prepares special and routine reports.
- Enforces the observance of safety regulations pertaining to tools, machinery, vehicles, work areas, and equipment utilized.
- Operates equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the procedures, techniques, tools and equipment used in the performance of construction, maintenance landscaping and repair work.
- Considerable knowledge of appropriate state and local rules, regulations, procedures and safety regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and maintenance of construction equipment.
- Ability to operate appropriate equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings to establish grades and set elevations.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience as a supervisor of a construction, maintenance or landscaping crew.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
A valid Driver License or Commercial Driver License (CDL).
Depending on area of assignment, incumbents may be required to possess various professional or occupational licenses or certifications at time of hire or obtain them within a specified period of time after hire.
Current employees, as of March 23, 2009, who work in an area that requires a license or certification, either established by law or by the department assigned to, must obtain the license or certification within established guidelines and timeframes.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.