Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||6/14/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/28/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$31,512.00 - $50,044.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Coordinates support services personnel, hires adequate staff and schedules assignments to ensure the smooth operation of events, functions and services.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure timely preparation and dispersal of credentials, passes, sample tickets, itineraries and similar materials.
- Functions as house manager during events and functions.
- Inspects final setup to ensure facility is eventready.
- Coordinates arrangements between lessors and vendors for concessions and merchandise sales to service the events or functions.
- Manages the reserved parking space program by selling and renewing reserved parking spaces.
- Performs audits of box office collections, and concessions sales and inventories.
- Coordinates parking and traffic control staff to ensure the safe and smooth flow of vehicular traffic.
- Prepares reports and other correspondence as necessary.
- Investigates complaints from the public and takes or recommends appropriate action.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of the organization and operation of sports or cultural facilities.
- Working knowledge of type and size of support services required to staff sports or cultural events or functions.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements for events or functions.
- Skill in the coordination of diverse support services.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Three years of experience coordinating services and personnel for special events or functions.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.