|Date Opened||1/25/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/8/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$35,838.00 - $56,888.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Performs reference and reader's advisory services.
- Instructs and assists customers in accessing library information.
- Participates in community relations activities, programming and community outreach.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff.
- Performs collection development and management activities.
- Participates in the acquisition and cataloging of library materials.
- Assumes agency in-charge responsibilities, as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and procedures of professional library work.
- Considerable knowledge of library automated systems and personal computers.
- Considerable knowledge of books, periodicals, and other source materials.
- Considerable knowledge of reference sources.
- Working knowledge of Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to make effective decisions.
- Ability to instruct patrons in the use of library materials in all formats.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data.
- Ability to locate specific information in an online database.
- Ability to learn and use various classification and filing schemes.
- Ability to accurately sort, file, and/or retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical and chronological systems.
- Ability to lift, push, or handle library materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend and kneel.
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from an American Library Association accredited college or university with a Master's Degree in Library Science.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.