HUMAN SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||6/28/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/12/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$46,238.00 - $73,424.00/year|
|Department||FAMILY AND AGING SERVICES|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Manages social services programs or activities by planning, coordinating, and implementing the delivery of a social services and ensuring the quality and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Supervises the work of subordinate professional and support staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work; providing training and counseling; and evaluating performance.
- Reviews case work of all subordinates to assure adherence to departmental policies and procedures; to provide procedural advice on unusual cases; and to approve or disapprove subordinate's determinations concerning client's eligibility for health care and/or financial assistance.
- Evaluates information provided relative to applicable guidelines to approve or deny authorizations for payment to service providers.
- Performs quality control function, auditing case actions: reviewing client service program expenditures for budget compliance; reviewing program records, case records and associated documentation to ensure accuracy and procedural compliances; reviewing claim payment appeals to authorize or deny payments; reviewing questionable claims to authorize or deny payments; and evaluating urgent medical care referral requests from primary care clinics to approve or deny request.
- May design and test case management information system screens, tables and reports; as well as troubleshoot and upgrade system software and hardware.
- Conducts staff training and orientation programs.
- Develops and implements office procedures for an orderly and efficient work flow resulting in timely assistance to clients; and interprets department rules, procedures and county policies.
- May interview clients, review documents and complete forms to acquire information used to determine eligibility for a variety of social services programs; provide social services program information to clients; coordinate with clients to develop, implement and followup on holistic socioeconomic case plans that address vocational, occupational, housing, food, and health needs; provide for continuity of care, effective service and progress toward self sufficiency; and refer clients to other internal or external service providers.
- May analyze information; counsel individuals, families and groups; perform crisis intervention; write comprehensive client social histories, social services program policies and procedures, handbooks and manuals, and case management plans, reports, studies and summaries.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the theories, techniques and methods of social services program delivery and administration; and case management procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal, State, County and community social service programs, eligibility requirements, application procedures, and other relevant program policies.
- Considerable knowledge of quality control procedures, methods and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Skill in interviewing clients to identify deficiencies in personal, legal, social, economic, and health needs.
- Skill in counseling others in attaining self sufficiency.
- Skill in the application of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to develop effective work procedures and standards.
- Ability to plan, organize, evaluate, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to correctly apply applicable laws, regulations and policies to individual cases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree; and
Four years of social services program experience interviewing clients, assessing client's needs and eligibility, or counseling clients.
Master's Degree with a major in social work; and
Three years of social services program experience interviewing clients, assessing client's needs and eligibility, or counseling clients.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.