SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||11/16/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/20/2012 12:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,830.00 - $44,200.00/year|
|Department||PARKS, REC & CONSERVATION|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Supervises and coordinates the acquisition and handling of field and/or laboratory environmental data.
- Prepares various reports and data summaries for departmental dissemination.
- Reviews data generated by various departments and recommends or takes necessary action.
- May operate, maintain, and calibrate various environmental monitoring equipment; and provides other general technical assistance as required.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Performs others related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of environmental inspection, sampling and collection methods.
- Working knowledge of environmental data collection, recording, and laboratory equipment.
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Skill in the use and operation of environmental collection, recording, and laboratory equipment.
- Ability to identify hazardous material.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
Three years of experience in environmental inspection or evaluation; or in the operation of enviromental monitoring equipment; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
Associate's or higher Degree with a major in a Natural Science; and
Two years of experience in environmental inspection or evaluation; or in the operation of environmental monitoring equipment; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.