SENIOR REAL ESTATE APPRAISER
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||12/7/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/21/2012 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$53,435.00 - $84,822.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking to add new members to our team who are committed to our core values of excellent customer service; respect for diversity, transparency, accountability and committment to excellence. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including law enforcement, detention, fire, street construction and maintenance, courts, library, parks and recreation, planning and zoning, property appraisal, tax collection, water, sewer, and solid waste collection services. We also employ professionals, paraprofessionals, and clerical staff in a wide range of service support functions, that include management, finance, information technology, human resources, facilities, communications, etc.
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Coordinates and reviews private appraisals performed by professional real estate appraisers for eminent domain and other property acquisitions. This work includes reviewing appraisals submitted, to ensure that compensation is accurate and supportable.
- Appraises and inspects commercial/residential property.
- Develops policies, and procedures applicable to the appraisal of property.
- Provides preliminary cost estimates for proposed rights-of-way projects.
- Prepares and/or reviews appraisals and/or cost estimates for impact fee credits and property purchased by the county.
- Assists and trains other department personnel with matters relating to right-of-way and general acquisitions.
- Maintains the County's Approved Appraiser List.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of real estate appraisal methods and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of property values and land use characteristics of Hillsborough County.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws effecting the conveyance of property ownership.
- Considerable knowledge of legal descriptions, metes and bounds, and related means of locating property.
- Working knowledge of public records and legal instruments relating to real estate transactions.
- Ability to review real estate appraisals to determine their validity.
- Ability to use various approaches to develop an opinion on the value of real estate.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations pertaining to real estate appraisal, land acquisition, and fee appraisals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other county departments and governmental or private concerns.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree; and
Five years of experience in commercial and residential real estate appraisal which included land and right of way acquisition; and
Possession of a current State of Florida Certification as a General Appraiser.
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Real Estate; and
Four years of experience in commercial and residential real estate appraisal which included land and right –of-way acquisition; and
Possession of a current State of
Graduation from high school or a GED Certificate; and
Nine years of experience in commercial and residential real estate appraisal which included land and right –of-way acquisition; and
Possession of a current State of
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.