PROJECT MANAGER II (PLANT OPERATIONS)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||12/21/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/4/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$53,435.00 - $84,822.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking to add new members to our team who are committed to our core values of excellent customer service; respect for diversity, transparency, accountability and committment to excellence. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including law enforcement, detention, fire, street construction and maintenance, courts, library, parks and recreation, planning and zoning, property appraisal, tax collection, water, sewer, and solid waste collection services. We also employ professionals, paraprofessionals, and clerical staff in a wide range of service support functions, that include management, finance, information technology, human resources, facilities, communications, etc.
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Identifies common needs across production facilities through the asset condition program.
- Develops technical specifications to acquire or implement equipment, goods, services, technology, chemicals and construction activities to fill those needs.
- Coordinates with engineering for the P.O.G. by attending project meetings, participating in development groups, and maintaining communications with the project management team.
- Attends project bid meetings as needed for the procurement of services, parts and equipment.
- Reviews project documents including technical specifications, plans, and meeting minutes, reviews contractor's request for information, and ensures project compliance.
- Obtains remedial action to ensure project completion and compliance, and ensuring proper completion and closeouts of projects.
- Coordinates activities among Departmental Division Director, Group Manager, Section Managers and Plant Managers and support the development of asset management techniques (through the asset management team), to include maintenance management plans, that focus on the preservation of the desired values of all assets.
- Maintains comprehensive documentation of project and work activities through the CAMS system within the Plant Operations Group to ensure continued appropriate levels of service while ensuring compliance with all applicable statutes, directives, policies, and/or operational guidance.
- Develops, implements and executes a performance monitoring system to track Group assigned actions such as administrative referrals, assignments, internal tasking and other like administrative actions plus preparing and analyzing monthly/quarterly performance reports highlighting group attainment of desired objectives and goals, and performance against plans, programs, and schedules, highlighting operational and capital cost.
- Sets up, defines and executes specific measures to evaluate the effectiveness of projects and assigned tasks as they relate to process performance, asset longevity (through the asset manager) and FTE requirements.
- Develops, reviews and updates standard operating procedures and task guides for all water and waste water plants.
- Facilitates the consistent conformance to technical and quality requirements specific to each facility where applicable.
- Ensures SOP's are readily available and renforce the need for quality through consistent implementation.
- Sets goals and guidelines for the issues at hand to be resolved using critical path, condition coding, prioritization and inspection.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, and Reclaimed Distribution systems operations and maintenance.
- Considerable knowledge of proper documentation and work activities tracking through the use of asset management software.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of project management.
- Considerable knowledge of essential elements of project documents.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing programs and projects.
- Skill in writing reports and directives.
- Skill identifying and interpreting rights and responsibilities created by construction law.
- Skill in planning multi-year projects and plans.
- Skill in coordinating resource utilization
- Ability to effectively work with engineers, project managers, plant operators and maintenance personnel.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree; and
Four years of program/project management experience which includes training personnel, and working directly with vendors and contractors inspecting and enforcing contracts.
A Master's degree; and
Three years of program/project management experience which includes training personnel, and working directly with vendors and contractors inspecting and enforcing contracts.
Associate's degree; and
Six years of program/project management experience which includes training personnel, and working directly with vendors and contractors inspecting and enforcing contracts.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Seven years of program/project management experience which includes training personnel, and working directly with vendors and contractors inspecting and enforcing contracts.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY REQUIRES
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.