SENIOR SUPERVISOR (INVENTORY/WAREHOUSE)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||4/19/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$35,838.00 - $56,888.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the particular agency/division/department to which they are assigned, individual employees may perform all or any of the duties described below.
- Supervises staff and day-to-day operations of storeroom.
- Administers assigned resources including storage area.
- Handles the control and issuance of materials and equipment.
- Performs and directs loading and unloading of supplies and equipment ensuring safety of personnel and proper care and storage of property.
- Ensures maintenance and control of inventory; prepares vouchers and inventory reports; analyzes inventory usage and item availability; recommends items for selection to meet the procurement needs of the Section.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining effective vendor networks to ensure efficient and timely purchase of materials.
- Maintains, monitors and controls fiscal transactions, including accounting records and files related to purchasing and accounts payable.
- Creates requisitions, obtains bids or prices by contacting suppliers or vendors, prepares purchase requests and receivers for disbursement of funds to maintain inventory of supplies.
- Institutes proper security controls to safeguard the facility against burglary, theft and pilferage.
- Provides customer service in a field environment.
- Trains and provides technical assistance to other workers.
- Oversees job performance of personnel under supervision and submits accident and incident reports.
- Submits daily, weekly and as required work planning/accomplishment and performance reports.
- Enters work accomplishments and asset management information into computer system.
- Oversees the coordination and supervision of temporary workers.
- Performs emergency work, equipment operations and crew supervision or leadership for emergency events in times of crises.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of the functions, activities, requirements and objectives of the specific program/functional area to which assigned.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to use initiative, and exercise sound judgment.
- May require specialized technical knowledge of a specific operational area and the ability to perform or supervise specialized work in that specialty area.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree: and
One year of supervisory or lead worker/team leader experience directly related to the management of an inventory or warehouse function.
Associate's degree; and
Three years of lead worker/team leader experience directly related to the management of an inventory or warehouse function, one year of which must have been as a supervisor.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Four years of lead worker/team leader experience directly related to the management of an inventory or warehouse function, two year of which must have been as a supervisor.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.