SENIOR SUPERVISOR (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
|Date Opened||2/15/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2013 3:48:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,838.00 - $56,888.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Supervises customer service areas including animal adoption and redemption.
- Oversees the revenue and management of rabies tag and registration functions.
- Resolves adoption and/or redemption problems that arise in the course of a transaction.
- Develops and implements promotional tools and procedures to enhance the animal adoption program.
- Manages the administrative functions in assisting citizens with the County’s low-cost spay/neuter voucher program.
- Assists in educating the public on pet adoption selection, pet care and owner responsibilities relating to state statute and local ordinances.
- Oversees the communications section that handles a large volume of calls each day.
- Oversees all cash collections and prepares daily deposit transactions.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of the county’s CRM’s and answering citizens’ emails.
- Oversees the foster and rescue programs including the scheduling of sterilization and veterinary appointments.
- Oversees the development and assembly of animal care/adoption packets and other educational materials.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of customer service areas as well as leadership and management best practices
- Working knowledge of two-way radio, wireless communications, digital camera, office equipment, computer software; such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of state statute and local ordinances relating to animal licensing, leash laws, animal control enforcement procedures and rabies control
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to explain the law, regulations, policies, procedures and protocols to the public with tact, professionalism and courtesy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside the organization and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to direct and manage multiple resources, deadlines, and projects to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to comunicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain positive communication and effective working relationships with the general public, pet placement partners, co-workers, elected and appointed officials, and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and multitask
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree; and
One year experience as a supervisor in an Animal Shelter.
Associate's degree; and
Three years experience as a supervisor in an Animal Shelter.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Four years experience as a supervisor in an Animal Shelter.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.