SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||3/1/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/15/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$31,512.00 - $50,044.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Performs para-professional human resources support and/or supervisory duties in one or more areas of a human resources program.
- Reviews, approves, and submits a variety of correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, and related documents in order to communicate information to staff and employees.
- Audits, establishes, and maintains human resources files and associated records and systems in order to provide documentation of activities and comply with Department/Agency records management operating policies and procedures.
- Provides a wide range of human resources support activities such as informing others concerning the correct policies, procedures, guidelines, forms, formats and information to be provided to accomplish human resources related activities.
- Oversees and assists submitting agencies/departments with changes.
- Processes complex transactions related to assigned human resource functional area.
- Responds to questions concerning human resources programs, interprets basic policies and procedures, and provides information for the resolution of problems.
- Compiles and analyzes routine human resources data such as reports, charts, and spreadsheets to facilitate administrative decision making.
- May supervise clerical or entry level human resources support staff.
Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of administration, including County human resources law and rules.
- Working knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verify data.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to evaluate applicant's information to determine qualifications.
- Ability to evaluate and complete personnel action requests to determine appropriateness of action and if action will achieve the desired organizational/staffing change.
- Ability to type may be required.
- Ability to supervise others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from a high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of human resources support duties equivalent to Human Resource Assistant; and
A passing score on a written test; and
A passing score on a data entry test at 100 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy.
Bachelor's degree; and
A passing score on a written test; and
A passing score on a data entry test at 100 keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Examination may be administered at the time of application, depending on qualifications. Test information is available at the Reception Branch, Hillsborough County Civil Service Office. This information must be obtained in person and it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain it, if desired.