Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||12/28/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/11/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$27,830.00 - $44,200.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Investigates and collects monies for delinquent tangible property taxes, tourist development taxes, occupational licenses, hazardous waste surcharge, or utilities accounts.
- Performs mobile home registration and inspections for licensing purposes.
- Conducts follow-up actions on taxpayers with delinquent accounts.
- Reviews accounts receivables, payment schedules and prepares reports of past due accounts.
- Conducts business inspections to determine status changes and adjustments to the occupational license rate.
- Reviews utility accounts receivables to determine if deposits should be increased.
- Responds to customer questions concerning their accounts.
- Coordinates and performs internal or field investigations into past due or final accounts, insufficient funds checks, or other information for possible legal action.
- Serves tax deed foreclosure notices.
- Prepares and delivers notices of property sales for collection of delinquent taxes.
- Collects cash payments and issues receipts.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on collections and related activities.
- Investigates changes in property ownership, deaths, insolvencies and other factors causing tax delinquencies and recommends final disposition of cases.
- Pursues and investigates bankruptcies for collection once they have been discharged.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of State Legislation affecting County licensing prerequisites.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations and rules affecting delinquent account investigations and collections.
- Working knowledge of delinquent account investigation and collection techniques.
- Working knowledge of geographical locations in Hillsborough County.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to understand and apply the provisions of ordinances and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work with antagonistic persons or the public under adverse conditions.
- Ability to keep accurate records and complete reports.
- Ability to work outside in a sub-tropical climate and adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from a high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
Two years of experience investigating delinquent accounts and collecting money from account holders; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
Associate's or higher degree; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Examination may be administered at the time of application, depending on qualifications. Test information is available at the Reception Branch, Hillsborough County Civil Service Office. This information must be obtained in person and it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain it, if desired.