SENIOR PROCUREMENT ANALYST
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||11/16/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2012 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$46,238.00 - $73,424.00/year|
|Department||BUSINESS & SUPPORT SERVICES|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Administers the procurement process that results in the acquisition of a variety of commodities and services to fulfill the requirements of County agencies and departments.
- Conducts procurement planning sessions with user department's representatives to ensure understanding of the procurement process and associated timeframes, and establishes respective roles and responsibilities.
- Determines the appropriate method of solicitation in accordance with applicable laws and Board policies.
- Reviews requisitions, specifications and scopes of work to ensure they promote competition and best value for the County.
- Develops and assembles procurement documents and coordinates any required reviews to ensure consistency and accountability in County procurements.
- Identifies potential vendors, using various sources, to ensure adequate competition.
- Presides at the PreBid/Proposal Conference to provide information and instructions, and responds to vendor questions to ensure the clarity of solicitation documents.
- Identifies issues that require an addendum, and prepares and issues addendum to ensure all bidders have the same information.
- Conducts public bid/proposal opening for projects over the formal bid threshold in accordance with established procedures.
- Reviews bids and proposals for responsiveness to minimum procurement requirements, and notifies affected bidders/proposers of nonresponsiveness and nonresponsibility findings.
- Reviews, evaluates and resolves protests in accordance with established procedures, to ensure bidders/proposers receive due process and are treated fairly and consistently.
- Prepares award recommendations in compliance with agency policy; and issues purchase orders.
- Negotiates with vendors to obtain best prices.
- Consults with department head or designee to determine commodity/service needs and delivery schedules.
- Reviews requisitions, purchase orders and reports for accuracy and compliance with agency policies.
- Provides guidance, training and motivation to lower level personnel in the procurement processes and automation systems.
- When so designated, may assume the authority of, and act on behalf of a more senior staff member.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of County procurement policies, practices, procedures and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of procurement practices such as vendor and source identification, pricing methods and calculations, bid and proposal preparation, contracts, and pricing agreements.
- Skill in the application of administrative techniques.
- Skill in contract negotiations.
- Ability to prepare and/or review bid documents and responses for compliance with policies, procedures, conditions, and regulations.
- Ability to prepare purchase orders, contracts, and similar documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data in order to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree; and
Three years of experience procuring commodities and services.
Associate's degree; and
Four years of experience procuring commodities and services.
Graduation from a high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Five years of experience procuring commodities and services.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.