|Date Opened||1/11/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$35,838.00 - $56,888.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Performs analytical duties related to the development and operation of a Geographic Information System (GIS) to create, update, and maintain maps.
- Performs analysis of GIS data based on specified criteria and generates reports based on resulting data for use in projects, reports and decision making processes.
- Develops macros to generate reports from GIS databases.
- Maintains GIS databases; converts data from various sources for entry into databases; develops user instructions; and establishes and maintains related procedures and symbol set libraries.
- Designs project maps and databases; analyzes reports; and produces final prints using various types of plotters.
- Trains user staff and provides technical support in application of statistical and thematic mapping software.
- Serves as liaison with other County departments and outside agencies for effective system applications.
- Updates and corrects special project maps.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of GIS computer database development and management.
- Considerable knowledge of computerized cartographic/mapping hardware and software.
- Considerable knowledge of computerized mapping symbols, standards and terminology.
- Skill in the use and operation of computers and peripheral equipment such as digitizers, plotters and drafting instruments.
- Ability to read and interpret aerial photographs, maps, deeds and legal descriptions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
Three years of experience in GIS hardware and software support.
Associate's or higher degree with a major in Geography, Urban or Regional Planning, Mathematics, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; and
One year of experience in GIS hardware and software support.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.