PROGRAMMER ANALYST (APPLICATION SUPPORT & REPORTING)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||2/1/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/15/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$46,238.00 - $73,424.00/year|
|Department||FISCAL & SUPPORT SERVICES-PS&CS|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Works with multiple Public Safety and Community Services Departments with cross-functional responsibilities for systems management, integration and process mapping, automation projects and custom decision support reporting.
- Provides input in the strategic direction developed by senior management.
- Assist in consolidating fiscal and system support processes, procedures and controls in order to increase efficiencies in the delivery of core services.
- Analyzes requirements, defines, maps, and develops systems specifications, testing and implemention of department and program specific applications utilized in the delivery of core services.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of computer programming languages.
- Working knowledge of the principles and techniques of computer programming and systems analysis.
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and operations and the interrelationship of equipment with programming approaches.
- Working knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to effectively write programs in one or more languages.
- Ability to use a computer terminal.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to apply the principles of data processing to a variety of applications.
- Ability to use common office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Associate's or higher degree in a Data Processing field or computer related field; and
Two years of experience implementing automated processes and/or systems analysis and application upgrade/enhancements.
Master's degree with a major in a Data Processing field or computer related field; and
One year of experience implementing automated processes and/or systems analysis and application upgrade/enhancements.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Four years of experience implementing automated processes and/or systems analysis and application upgrade/enhancements.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.