OFFICE ASSISTANT (MAIL SERVICES)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||2/1/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/15/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$22,131.00 - $35,131.00/year|
|Department||CLERK OF CIRCUIT COURT|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Delivers inter-office mail to locations within the office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court, as well as government offices within Hillsborough County government.
- Sorts and distributes mail received from the U.S. Postal Service and other mail sources.
- Analyzes documents to make sure that they are sent to proper departments.
- Provides assistance to employees and the general public by telephone and in person.
- Calculates volumes of mail.
- Assists in outgoing mail processing.
- Stands for several hours sorting mail with hands and arms at shoulder height.
- Operates a county vehicle (2500 series cargo van or equivalent) to deliver court files and mail to various departments.
- Conducts inventory and inspects county vehicles to ensure safety.
- Lifts from floor to waist height and carries parcels in excess of 50 pounds several times daily.
- Walks up to one mile per day.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge to utilize computer.
- Knowledge of County Government offices.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Skill driving a vehicle.
- Skill at sorting/postaging mail effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to retain location information.
- Ability t react positively with others.
- Ability to perform job duties as a team member.
- Ability to learn to operate mail sorter.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain schedules.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate mail equipment.
- Ability to walk approximately one mile per day.
- Ability to lift trays of mail weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Ability to lift boxes of reports/supplies weighting up to 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Ability to stand for several hours sorting mail with hands and arms at shoulder height.
- Ability to twist and turn during mail sorting process.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for up to six hours per day, intermittently.
- Ability to push hand truck loaded with boxes/mail buckets weighting up to 50 pounds each. Sometimes three to four boxes at a time.
- Ability to push convertible flatbed hand truck loaded with boxes/mail buckets weighing up to 50 pounds each. Sometimes six to eight boxes at a time; total weight being pushed could be up to 250 pounds.
- Ability to push a loaded flatbed hand truck for two to three blocks twice daily.
- Ability to push mail cart weighing up to 250 pounds when fully loaded within a multi-floor building twice daily (County Center location assignment).
- Ability to push/walk a loaded cart up to one mile per day inside building (County Center location assignment).
- Stretching, pulling, pushing-ability to load boxes into cargo van several times daily; boxes weigh up to 50 pounds each.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and One year of clerical experience delivering parcels/mail to multiple locations, to include distribution of heavy items in excess of 50 pounds; and A passing score on a written test.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
One year of clerical experience delivering parcels/mail to multiple locations, to include distribution of heavy items in excess of 50 pounds; and
A passing score on a written test.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Examination may be administered at the time of application, depending on qualifications. Test information is available at the Reception Branch, Hillsborough County Civil Service Office. This information must be obtained in person and it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain it, if desired.