2591 Health Program Coordinator II
|Date Opened||2/1/2013 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/15/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,018.00 - $85,098.00/year|
Permanent and Provisional applicants encouraged to apply. Provisional appointee must be successful in the Civil Service examination for this classification in order to be considered for permanent appointment. Provisional appointments may not exceed three years.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
The position is located at
SHIFT: Monday through Friday 9:00AM-5:30PM.
Under direction, the Health Program Coordinator II performs difficult and complex administrative tasks associated with Interpreter Services Department. The essential functions include:
· Overseeing and managing the Interpreter Services Department;
· Maintaining Videoconferencing Medical Interpretation equipment (VMI) and performing helpdesk functions;
· Developing policies, methods and procedures to improves interpreter service quality and staff performance; and
· Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND
2. Two (2) years of verifiable administrative/management experience with primary responsibility for overseeing, monitoring or coordinating a program providing health care services.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year for year basis.
· Experience working with Interpreter staff proving medical interpretation.
· Knowledge and experience working with Videoconferencing Medical Interpretation equipment and other electronic modalities.
· Ability to provide interpreter services to non-English and limited English-speaking clients and visitors.
How To Apply
· Click and select the desired job announcement
· Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Click on “I am a New User” or “I have Registered Previously”
· Follow instructions given on the screen
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement, and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses. (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com)
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility; disqualification may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Director of Clinical Innovation and System Redesign
Via email at email@example.com or phone at (415) 206-4294
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE/EDICATION:
Verification of experience/education may be required at a later date. If verification is required, failure to provide it may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Verification (proof) of education, licensure and/or certification, must be submitted. Applicants must submit a photocopy of their degree and/or transcript from an accredited college as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education when requested may result in ineligibility for the recruitment.
Verification of all experience must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, duties, hours per week with dates of service and must be signed by the supervisor or an appropriate representative. City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
1. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Remember to indicate: “Attn: Class 2591 INS1” on all correspondence.
4. Ensure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
5. Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this process must contact the analyst by phone (415) 206-8089 (voice) or, if hearing-impaired, (415) 557-4810 (TDD), or in writing (specify 2591 Health Program Coordinator II) to the address of
The Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Disaster Service Workers
COMBINED ENTRANCE & PROMOTIVE
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Issued: February 01, 2013
Announcement No.: TPV-2593-059923
Team DPH/AAL (415) 206-8089 (DHR Pos No: 01083046)
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.