2574 Clinical Psychologist
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$83,174.00 - $101,088.00/year|
Appointment Type: Permanent and Provisional applicants are encouraged to apply. Provisional applicants must participate in a Civil Service examination for this job classification to become permanent.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
The San Francisco Department of Public Health's Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehab Center (LH) is accepting applications for one (1) full time position in class 2574 Clinical Psychologist (Neuropsychlology) to function as a staff Neuropsychologist.
LH is a 780 bed LEED silver certified hospital in San Francisco CA. The hospital is part of the continuum of services provided by the S.F. Department of Public Health. LH provides acute and nursing facility level care as well as rehabilitation services for disadvantaged geriatric and younger disabled populations and those with HIV/AIDS. Approximately 60% of LH’s patients are age 65 or over and the medical, social and behavioral issues presented are complex and challenging. Mental health and substance abuse issues are present in a significant number of the patients. Psychologists, physicians, nurses, social workers, dietitians, activity, physical, occupational and speech therapists work together on interdisciplinary teams to meet the patient’s complex needs. Consultation in essentially all specialties is available on site or from other parts of the DPH. Psychology trainees and medical students and residents, as well as trainees from a variety of other disciplines are on site.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
Under general direction of the Supervising Neuropsychologist, the Staff Neuropsychologist provides services throughout LH and will be a Psychologist liaison with one or more units. Staff Neuropsychologist will be involved in the interdisciplinary treatment teams on these units.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE: neuropsychological and psychological assessments and reports; crisis intervention; individual and group psychotherapy; capacity evaluation; physician consultation, resident care team meetings, behavioral management of adults both acute and longstanding brain impairments and/or emotional, psychiatric, and substance abuse issues, as well as supportive/educational counseling for family members, and appropriate documentation. The Staff Neuropsychologist may also assist the Supervising Neuropsychologist in planning, organizing, and implementing clinical psychology/neuropsychology services and training programs throughout the hospital, and may provide training and supervision of psychology trainees. As neuropsychologists are members of the Laguna Honda Medical Staff, hospital committee membership and attendance at Medical and Psychiatry staff meetings is expected. Peer review is expected. Other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a current, valid license in Psychology issued by the California Board of Psychology as defined in Chapter 6.6 of the Business and Professional Code, Psychology Licensing Law section 2900 - 2903, 2914 (a photocopy of the license MUST be attached to the application); OR
2. Possession of a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology or a doctoral degree in psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program in accordance with Section 2914 of the Psychology Licensing Law; AND completion of one year (1500 hours) of a supervised academically post-doctoral internship in Clinical Psychology performing psychological examinations, diagnoses and psychotherapy in a clinic, hospital, correctional institution, rehabilitation or diagnostic center or similar setting; AND
3. Completion of a full-time postdoctoral fellowship in clinical neuropsychology or two (2) years of supervised experience as a clinical neuropsychologist or work experience
supervised by a Clinical Neuropsychologist.
Experience in Neuropsychology
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All qualified candidates who have been selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
* Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs;
* Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI);
* Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
* Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications shall result in the termination of employment.
Two (2) years of postdoctoral experience (may be pre- and post-licensure) in the practice of clinical neuropsychology involving the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and management of severely neurologically impaired adults, individuals with a range of severe psychiatric disorders, and experience in an interdisciplinary setting.
Two (2) years of rehabilitation experience in a hospital, long-term care setting, inpatient rehabilitation center, or similar setting, with demonstrated expertise in the variety of activities described above.
Two (2) years of postdoctoral experience (may be pre- and post-licensure) in the practice of clinical neuropsychology with adult and geriatric neuropsychology.
How To Apply
City and County of San Francisco employment applications may be filed online only. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process by registering an account.
Click and select the desired job announcement
Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
Click on “I am a New User” or “I have Registered Previously”
Follow instructions given on the screen
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Brenda Austin, Vice-Chief of Psychiatry, via email at email@example.com or by phone at 415.759.4590;
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. For assistance by staff, you need to get there no later than 4:30 P.M.
Verification of education, certification/training and/or qualifying experience may be required prior to appointment. When requested, Verification (proof) of education, licensure and/or certification, must be submitted. Applicants must submit a photocopy of their degree and/or transcript from an accredited college as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education when requested may result in ineligibility for the recruitment.
Verification of all experience must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, duties, hours per week with dates of service and must be signed by the supervisor or an appropriate representative. City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and County of San Francisco must submit written verification of such experience as described above. Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver in a timely manner may result in rejection of the application.
The selection process will include evaluation of application materials in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
1. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Remember to indicate: “Attn: TPV-2574-059856 Clinical Psychologist” on all correspondence.
4. Ensure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
5. Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this process must contact the analyst by phone (415) 206-5424 (voice) or, if hearing-impaired, (415) 557-4810 (TDD).
Issued: December 28, 20112
Team DPH/HD (415) 206-5424
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.