2430 Medical Evaluations Assistant
|Date Opened||10/5/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2012 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.69 - $30.01/hour; $4,279.00 - $5,202.00/month; $51,350.00 - $62,426.00/year|
Provisional appointee must be successful in the Civil Service examination for this classification in order to be considered for permanent appointment. Provisional appointments may not exceed three years.
NATURE OF POSITION(S):
Department of Public Health’s is accepting applications for multiple full-time positions in class 2430 Medical Evaluations Assistant. These positions are located at San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center’s (SFGH) sub-programs or departments, and Community Oriented Primary Care’s (COPC) clinics and health centers.
Under direct supervision of a Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse, the Medical Evaluations Assistant performs duties which assist in the administration and evaluation of routine medical tests. The essential functions include: performing intake and post examination duties such as assessing and/or collecting data on client/patient health needs; explaining medical examination procedures to patients; processing medical charts/folders; performing medical data entry and retrieval; operating medical testing equipment such as electrocardiograph, spirometer, blood pressure measuring devices and scales; performing physical screening of patients; assisting the medical examiner by performing various physical examinations and procedures; cleaning and performing simple maintenance of instruments and equipment such as electrocardiography, centrifuge, spirometer and scales; administering medical tests and treatments including intradermal for TB and mumps, venipuncture for blood withdrawal, subcutaneous or intramuscular injections limited to vaccinations, but may exclude testosterone, antibiotics and epogen; maintaining inventory of medical forms; maintaining proper inventory and stocking of examination supplies; and providing patient and family instruction on preventative health issues according to protocol. The Medical Evaluations Assistant also performs related duties as required.
1a. Possession of a recognized Medical Assistant Degree or Certificate; OR
1b. Completion of an EMT-P (Emergency Technician/Paramedic) Training Program; OR
1c. Completion of a U.S. Military Corpsman Training Program; AND
2. Possession of a Certified Phlebotomy Technician I certificate (CPT-1) issued by the State of California, Department of Health Services.
Completion of an EMT Training Program AND two (2) years of verifiable medical assisting work experience may substitute for an EMT-P (Paramedic) certificate.
How To Apply
· Click and select the desired job announcement
· Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Click on “I am a New User” or “I have Registered Previously”
· Follow instructions given on the screen
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Richard Ng, Personnel Analyst
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
Verification of education, certification/training and/or qualifying experience may be required prior to appointment. When requested:
Verification (proof) of education, licensure and/or certification, must be submitted. Applicants must submit a photocopy of their degree and/or transcript from an accredited college as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education when requested may result in ineligibility for the recruitment.
Verification of all experience must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, duties, hours per week with dates of service and must be signed by the supervisor or an appropriate representative. City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
1. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Remember to indicate: “Attn: Class 2430 Medical Evaluations Assistant” on all correspondence.
4. Ensure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
5. Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this process must contact the analyst by phone (415) 206-8627 (voice) or, if hearing-impaired, (415) 557-4810 (TDD), or in writing (specify Class number and Title, DPH) at the address listed above as soon as possible.
The Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Issued: October 5, 2012
Announcement No.: TPV-2430-059438
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Team DPH/RN (415) 206-8627 (GO/ED Request, 1116811/1116814/1118953/1119201,1120262)
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.