9910 Public Service Trainee
|Date Opened||12/28/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/11/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$20.00 - $20.00/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
The San Francisco Department of Public Health’s Community Oriented Primary Care (COPC) is accepting applications for six (6) Full-time temporary-exempt positions in class 9910 Public Service Trainee. The Public Service Trainee will assist in the implementation of Electronic Medical Records at the COPC and hospital outpatient clinics and will function as a Health Coach to a multidisciplinary staff that consist of physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and front office staff. Position will work at various COPC Health centers.
SHIFT: M–F; 8:00am – 5:00pm with some weekend and evening shifts.
The essential job functions include the following:
Instruct others about Health Information Systems technologies;
Facilitate communication between users, the IS team and organizational leadership;
Provide user support;
Troubleshoot system problems and resolve or assign to appropriate IS staff or vendor;
Assist in developing training materials to train adult learners to use the new EMR to document chart notes;
Learn and assess clinic workflows;
Perform other related duties as assigned/required.
1. Possession of a high school diploma or enrollment in an accredited college and/or university; AND
2(a). Six (6) months, full time, verifiable IT customer service experience in medical/health setting; OR
2(b). A Bachelors degree in a Public Health, Health Information Technology, Health Science, Computer Science, or other related field.
Ability to conceptualize Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and it’s relationship to other information systems(eCW and LCR/Invision) in a short time frame.
Ability to teach adult learners (clinicians of all ages and backgrounds).
Strong organizational skills to perform duties effectively, efficiently, and productively.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Flexibility in floating between assignments and shifts.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and other PC applications.
How To Apply
City and County of San Francisco employment applications will be accepted through the online system only.
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow the instructions on the screen
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact: Fidez Bituin, Executive Assistant via email at: email@example.com or by phone at 415.255.3516
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
VERIFICATION (proof) OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Verification of experience, education, and/or licensure to meet minimum requirements is required at the time of filing. Failure to provide verification may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Verification of education, licensure, or certification: Applicants must submit a photocopy of their degree and/or transcript from an accredited college as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education when requested may result in rejection of the application.
Verification of experience: Verification of all experience must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, duties, hours per week with dates of service and must be signed by the supervisor or an appropriate representative. Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver in a timely manner may result in rejection of the application:
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
1. Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
2. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
3. Remember to indicate: “ATTN: TEX Class 9910-059810 Public Service Trainee” on all correspondence.
4. Ensure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Issued on December 28, 2012
Team DPH/HD 415.206,5424
Position#s: 01122130 - 01122133, 01122135, 01122137
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.