2232 Senior Physician Specialist
|Date Opened||4/26/2013 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/24/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$69.99 - $99.05/hour|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
2232 SENIOR PHYSICIAN SPECIALIST
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent Exempt
Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center is accepting applications for one (1) full time position in class 2232 Senior Physician Specialist to function as a Psychiatrist.
Under the direction of the Laguna Honda Chief of Psychiatry, the Senior Physician Specialist will provide psychiatric and consultative services to patients of Laguna Honda Hospital. Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center is part of the continuum of services provided by the San Francisco Department of Public Health’s integrated delivery system, the Community Health Network (CHN). LHH provides acute and nursing facility level care and rehabilitation services for geriatric as well as younger disabled populations. Nursing facility level hospice services and respite care are also provided. LHH also has one of the country’s only Long Term Care HIV/AIDS Units. 80% of Laguna Honda’s patients are age 60 or over. The medical, social and behavioral issues presented are complex and challenging. Physicians, nurses, social workers and others work together in interdisciplinary teams to meet the patients’ needs. Consultation in many specialties is available on site or from other parts of the Community Health Network.
Under the general direction of the Chief of Psychiatry, the Senior Physician Specialist Psychiatrist performs the following essential job functions:
· Assess, diagnose and treat psychiatric, geropsychiatric, neuropsychiatric and medical psychiatric disorders;
· Work closely with interdisciplinary teams using multiple therapeutic skills (which include the ability to combine behavioral, environmental and psychopharmacological modalities in treating individuals) ;
· Monitor a caseload of clients regularly, provide cross coverage for other psychiatrists and meet productivity expectations;
· Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the Department of Psychiatry and Medical Staff;
· Participate in clinic quality improvement activities and medical staff committees;
· Meet continuing training and education requirements;
· Serve as a liaison with community behavioral health providers and hospital based psychiatric team; and
· Perform other related duties as required/assigned.
1. Graduation from an approved School of Medicine; AND
2. Possession of an M.D. or D.O. degree; AND
3. Completion of a recognized residency program in Psychiatry; AND
4. Board certification or eligibility in Psychiatry; AND
5. Possession of a California Medical License issued by the California Medical Board.
Note: Entrance appointment at step 5 in compensation schedule when appointee possesses Specialist Board Certification in an appropriate specialty related to the particular assignment. The Appointing Officer shall certify, subject to the approval of the General Manager, Personnel, that the specialty is appropriate to the position to which 15% additional salary is added when engaged in practice of Psychiatric Medicine at LHH. The fore-mentioned salary additions have already been included in the calculated salary listed on the first page of this document.
Condition(s) of Employment:
All qualified candidates who have been selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs;
· Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI);
· Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
· Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status; AND
· Background clearance by Live Scan finger printing.
Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications shall result in the termination of employment.
- Familiarity with long term care settings and requirements.
- Experience working with people with severe mental illness.
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in substance abuse treatment.
- Experience in geropsychiatry.
- Sensitivity to and experience working with the ethnically and culturally diverse individuals, community agencies and organizations that comprise the constituency of LHH.
- Fluency in Cantonese, Spanish or Russian or other languages.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement, and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses. (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com)
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification may lead to lower scores.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Yifang Qian, M.D., Ph.D
Chief of Psychiatry
Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center
via email at Yifang.Qian@sfdph.org or via phone at 415-759-4562
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources,
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATE:
All applicants must be able to produce a copy of required licenses and/or certifications when requested throughout the application process. Failure to provide verification(s) may result in rejection of application process.
Experience: All applicants must be able to produce employment verification(s) if requested throughout the application process. Failure to present documentation may result in rejection of application and removal from the application process.
Verification of all experience needed to qualify if requested must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours per week, duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate representative.
City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver request will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of filing may result in rejection of the application.
The selection process will include an evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants meeting the Minimum Qualifications are not guaranteed an interview.
The Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
COMBINED ENTRANCE AND PROMOTIVE
Issued: April 26, 2013
Announcement No.: PEX-2232-059880
Team DPH/LL (415) 206-8150 (DHR Pos No. 01000879)
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.