6220 Inspector Of Weights And Measures
|Date Opened||12/7/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/25/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.73 - $31.28/hour; $4,459.00 - $5,421.00/month; $53,508.00 - $65,052.00/year|
|Job Type||Continuous CBT|
Under supervision, the Inspector of Weights and Measures inspects and tests weighing and measuring devices, petroleum products, packaged commodities for labeled content, and retail price verification inspections. Essential functions include: investigating complaints concerning illegal weights and measure practices; conducting field test of various weights and measures; enforcing compliance with state and county laws and issuing warnings and citations when necessary; writes daily inspection and investigative reports as required by law; explaining and interpreting laws, regulation, and policies to employees, merchants, businesses, and the general public; taking samples of gasoline and other petroleum product; assisting with the calibrating of field standards and on the job training. The Inspector of Weights and Measures also performs other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of any two of the required three
2. Possession of a valid California Driver License. A copy of the required license must be submitted with application at the time of filing; AND
3. Ability to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds or heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds (the probationary period will be used to test this requirement).
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
· Select the desired job announcement
· Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
· Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Lillian Louie, by telephone at (415) 206-5417, or by email at Lillian.Louie@sfdph.org
Applicants who apply must submit verification documents at time of filing either as attachments through the on-line process (on the resume tab, click ‘upload resume,’ and name the attachments appropriately) or via regular mail to: Department of Public Health, Merit Systems Division, Attn: Class 6220 Inspector of Weights and Measures, 2789 – 25th Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94110.
Verification of education and licensure or certification: Verification (proof) of licensure and/or certifications must be submitted. Applicants must submit a scan/photocopy of their licenses/certificates from the state as proof of qualifying. Failure to submit the required verification of licensure and certifications may result in ineligibility from this recruitment.
Please include a Document Cover Sheet to assist in identifying the class for which you are applying when submitting verification documents separate from the online application. The Cover Sheet may be found at http://www.jobaps.com/sf
Select “Print a Document Cover Sheet” under “Choose a Help Topic”. The Department of Public Health will not be able to process the application without receiving the required verification documentation.
The Department of Public Health provides continuous recruitment for class 6220 Inspector of Weight and Measures. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis. A cut-off date will be established to administer the examination process to qualified candidates. Applications submitted after the cut-off date will be considered for future exam administrations.
The name of candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be scheduled for an oral evaluation exercise and will be placed on the resulting individual eligible list in rank and score order for each review administration. After the individual eligible list has been adopted, the name of all eligible on that list will be merged into the master eligible list with a duration eligibility period of one year from the date of adoption. All referrals will be made from the master eligible list.
Oral Evaluation Exercise: WEIGHT = 100%
The Rule of Three will be the certification rule used for this eligible list.
1. Information regarding the required license can be found on the California Department of Food and Agriculture web page at URL: http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/exec/county/Sealer.html
In addition, California exam bulletin information can be found at URL: http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/exec/county/documents/wmbull_contfiling2011.pdf
2. Departments may utilize additional selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
3. Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to present additional material at the time of appointment and/or at a later date.
4. Licenses must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of this may result in termination of employment.
5. Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at web URL:
6. Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at web URL:
7. For general information concerning City and County of San Francisco employment policies and procedures, please refer to this web URL: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
8. For the Terms of Announcement, please refer to this web URL: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#announcementsdefinitions
9. For Right to Work policy, please refer to this web URL: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#identification
10. For seniority credit in promotional exams information, please refer to this web URL: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#senioritycredit
11. Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
12. Ensure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
13. Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
Combined Promotive and Entrance
ANNOUNCEMENT NO: CCT-6220-PH1040
DPH/RN: (415) 206-8627 (01122970)
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.