2322 Nurse Manager - Psychiatric
|Date Opened||12/28/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/11/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$123,474.00 - $179,790.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
2322 Nurse Manager
PSYCHIATRIC CARE NURSING
Under general supervision, the Nurse Manager supervises the administration and the evaluation of nursing practices and environment of care for a particular practice setting(s).
Essential functions, dependent upon the specialty area, may include the following:
- Manages nursing care in an assigned area, which may either be a clinical, administrative or community setting;
- Assesses patient care needs;
- Supervises assigned nursing staff;
- Maintains accurate records and prepares written reports;
- Serves on committees as assigned or as needed;
- Promotes effective verbal and written communication; and
- Performs related duties as required
Psychiatric Care Nursing
1. Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse License; AND
2. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and/or university in Nursing, Nursing Administration or a closely related field; AND
3. Two (2) years (equivalent to 4,000 hours) of experience as a Psychiatric Registered Nurse in a community mental health setting or a general acute care hospital.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION:
Three (3) years of additional experience as an Assistant Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse in a general acute care hospital (a hospital which provides 24 hour inpatient care, including the following basic services: Medical, Nursing, Surgical, Anesthesia, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy and Dietary Services) may be substituted for the educational requirement.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Eligibles who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
· Click the “Apply” button to begin the application process.
· Choose “I am a New User” to register a new account or “I have previously applied” if you already have an account established.
· Follow the instructions on the screen.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com). Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received. All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you are a current CCSF employee with permanent status in the 2322 Nurse Manager classification and wish to be considered for transfer or reinstatement to a position in the same classification within the department/agency for which this announcement has been issued, you must submit an Employee Request for Transfer form
(see http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=11618) or an Employee Request for Reinstatement form
(see http://sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=11617), along with a copy of your resume, to the Exam Analyst during the recruitment period indicated above.
If you have questions regarding this examination process, please contact:
Lillian Louie, Senior Personnel Analyst
via email at Lillian.Louie@sfdph.org or via phone at 415-206-5417
Verification of licensure: Verification (proof) of licensure must be submitted at the time of filing. Applicants must submit a photocopy of their current/valid California Registered Nurse license as proof of the required licensure. Failure to submit the required verification of licensure may result in rejection of application.
Verification of experience: Verification of all experience needed to qualify must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours per week, duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate representative. City employees do not need to submit verification of qualifying City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and County of San Francisco must submit written verification of such experience as described above.
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver request will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of filing may result in rejection of the application.
Verification of education: Verification (proof) of education must be submitted at the time of filing. Applicants must submit a photocopy of their bachelor's degree, master's degree and/or transcript from an accredited college as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education at the time of filing may result in rejection of the application.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Written Performance Examination: Candidates will be administered a written essay exercise to determine their relative knowledge, skill and ability level in one or more of the following job related areas as appropriate. These areas may include, but not be limited to: knowledge of nursing theory and practice; ability to plan, organize, coordinate and evaluate nursing activities; knowledge of problem solving process; ability to supervise; ability to communicate effectively.
The Certification Rule for this selection procedure will be Rule of Three Scores.
1. Departments may utilize additional selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
2. Valid licensure must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
3. Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing,
4. Some positions may require bilingual fluency in a variety of languages depending upon the department’s needs. Only those eligibles who pass the bilingual proficiency test will be considered for these positions. Applicants must indicate the language(s) in which they claim proficiency on the application.
5. Information on requesting reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities can be found at the Department of Human Resources’ website http://www.sfdhr.org/
6. Important Employment Information for the City and
7. Prior to appointment, some positions require that candidates complete a personal history statement and pass a thorough background investigation to determine the candidate’s suitability for employment. The investigation is limited to job-relevant and legally mandated matters, and may include a reference check, verification of employment history and education, military and financial history, fingerprinting, and criminal and motor vehicle records. Some positions require that candidates undergo drug/alcohol screening. Failure to obtain and maintain security clearance may be basis for termination from employment. In addition, prior to appointment, at the department's expense, applicants may be required to take a TB Screening Test and/or a medical examination.
8. Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
9. Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
10. Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at
11. Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
11. Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
COMBINED ENTRANCE AND PROMOTIVE
ISSUED: December 28, 2012
RECRUITMENT NO. CBT-2322-PH1051
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.