2119 Health Care Analyst
|Date Opened||2/1/2013 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/15/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,316.00 - $84,266.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under general supervision, the Health Care Analyst in the specialty area of Quality Improvement performs the following essential duties:
· Prepares hospital and department quality and/or systems operations improvement programs and plans by researching requirements, analyzing data and priorities, incorporating guidelines of all federal, state, local agencies and health related agencies/organization, consulting and collaborating with health care professionals, organizing and facilitating meetings, and utilizing input from health care providers and administrators;
· Develops and implements policies and procedures for documenting and retrieving information from medical records and medical information systems in order to design, support and/or evaluate quality improvement programs;
· Meets all regulatory agency requirements and standards in national quality measures for patient care;
· Trains health audit technicians, staff, health professionals, and data personnel;
· Conducts quality and/or operations improvement studies and service analysis;
· Provides technical expertise, information and direction;
· Assists, prepares and generates hospital, health clinic, health commission, community planning, grant, or funder reports; and
· Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1a) Education: Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND
1b) Experience: One (1) year (equivalent to 2,000 hours) of professional level experience in the quality management field performing analytical work requiring data collection, evaluation, analysis, interpretation, reporting, and presentation in a medical setting or health related institution, organization, or agency; OR
1c) Experience: One (1) year (equivalent to 2,000 hours) of professional level experience in project management performing analytical work requiring data collection, evaluation, analysis, interpretation, reporting and presentation.
1) Additional verifiable qualifying experience beyond the required may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. (Thirty (30) semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units equals one (1) year); OR
2) Thirty (30) semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units towards a Master’s degree with completion of four (4) courses in Statistics, Biostatistics, Quality Management, Performance Improvement, Strategic Planning, Organizational Development, Health/Social Policy and/or related course work, may substitute for the one year of professional level experience in quality management or project management.
How To Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted beginning Friday, February 01, 2013, at 8:00 a.m. and must be submitted no later than Friday, February 15, 2013, at 5:00 p.m.
- Click on “apply” and read and acknowledge the information.
- Click on “I am a new user” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have Registered Previously”.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
If you are a current CCSF employee with permanent status in the classification specified above and wish to be considered for transfer or reinstatement to a position in the same classification within the department/agency for which this announcement has been issued, you must submit an Employee Request for Transfer form (see http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=11618) or an Employee Request for Reinstatement form (see http://sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=11617), along with a copy of your resume, to the Exam Analyst during the recruitment period indicated.
Computer kiosks are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file on-line applications in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. However, because the computers will be shut down at 5:00 p.m., it is recommended that you arrive by at least 4:30 p.m. to allow time to complete the application.
Applicants may be contacted by email about the announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.org, @flysfo.org, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asainart.org, @sfmat.org)
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the Exam Analyst, Aarti Lata at (415) 206-8089 or via email at Aarti.email@example.com Resumes may be attached to the application; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete City and
Verification (proof) of qualifying education and experience must be submitted at the time of filing or no later than the final filing deadline of Friday, February 15, 2013 by 5 p.m.
Verification documents may be submitted by:
1) Online: When completing your application online, attach your documents to the Resume section in your application; OR
2) Email: Aarti.Lata@sfdph.org; OR
3) Fax: 415-206-5668, Indicate ATTN: Aarti Lata, RE: CBT-2119-059218; OR
4) Mail: Department of Human Resources, ATTN: Aarti Lata, RE: CBT-2119-059218,
Verification of education: Applicants must submit a photocopy of their diploma and transcript from an accredited college or university as proof of qualifying education. Failure to submit the required verification of education, licensure or certification may result in rejection of the application.
Verification of experience: Verification of all experience needed to qualify must be on the employer's letterhead indicating the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours per week worked, duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate representative.
City employees do not need to submit verification of City work experience if experience gained is from the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees relying upon qualifying work experience gained outside the City and
Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of filing may result in rejection of the application.
NOTE: Falsifying one's education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION (Weight – 100%)
Applicants will be prompted to complete a Supplemental Questionnaire that must be submitted during the online application process. The supplemental questionnaire is designed to measure knowledge and/or abilities in job-related areas which may include but not be limited to the following: Knowledge of quality improvement concepts, programs, tools and processes; Knowledge of medical records and medical information system; Ability to design patient care evaluation studies; Ability to collaborate; Ability to plan and organize; Ability to work effectively with groups; Ability to analyze and solve problems; Written communication skills.
Candidates will be placed on the eligible list in rank order according to their final score.
The certification rule for the eligible list resulting from this selection procedure will be Rule of Ten Scores. The hiring department may conduct additional selection processes to make final hiring decisions.
ELIGIBLE LIST: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#eligiblelists
The eligible list resulting from this examination is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission. The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director. The Human Resources Director may approve the use of the eligible list resulting from this selection process to make permanent Civil Service appointments to other position(s) involving the same or similar title in any department. The duration of of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be six (6) months
1. Make sure your application, supplemental application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
2. Copies of Application Documents: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#copies
Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam records and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
3. Definition of accredited college or university: Check the below websites to confirm that your school is accredited. For the purpose of meeting application examination requirements, the Department of Human Resources recognizes degrees from colleges and universities that are accredited by one of the following:
· Western Association of Schools and Colleges: www.wascweb.org
· New England Association of Schools and Colleges: www.neasc.org
· Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools: www.msache.org
· North Central Association of Colleges and Schools: www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org
· Southern Association of Colleges and Schools: www.sacscoc.org
4. Reasonable Accommodation Request:
Information on requesting reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#reasonableaccommodation
5. Veteran’s Preference:
Information regarding requests for veteran’s preference can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=1595
6. General Information concerning City and County of
7. Terms of Announcement: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#announcementsdefinitions Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement including, requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at: www.jobaps.com/sf.
8. Right to Work: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#identification All persons entering the City and
9. Prior to appointment, some positions require that candidates complete a personal history statement and pass a thorough background investigation to determine the candidate’s suitability for employment. The investigation is limited to job-relevant and legally mandated matters, and may include a reference check, verification of employment history and education, military and financial history, fingerprinting, and criminal and motor vehicle records. Some positions require that candidates undergo drug/alcohol screening. Failure to obtain and maintain security clearance may be basis for termination from employment.
10. Medical Examination: Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test and a medical examination.
11. Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the
application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City
12. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed to advance through the selection
Disaster Service Workers
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment No.: CBT-2119-059218
Issued: February 01, 2013
Team: DPH/AAL (415) 206-8089 (Pos No.: 01122023/1104552/1122353/1123303/1121058)
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, typically a 7.5% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.