According to Civil Service Commission Rule 109, the duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this job code/class and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
1. Installs, repairs, and maintains high tension overhead transmission systems, related feeder lines, towers and poles; performs such maintenance activities when lines are energized as well as de-energized.
2. Maintains, operates, and adjusts electrical transmission and primary power substations ranging from 600 to 230,000 voltage, including circuit breakers, relays, batteries, and controls.
3. Installs and maintains underground and overhead power lines and feeders and related auxiliary equipment; locates and isolates faulty sections and removes, installs and makes corrections where necessary.
4. Installs watt-hour meter systems, connects potential transformers, current transformers, phase shifting transformers, test switches, reactive meters, demand meters, and watt hour meters.
5. Maintains, operates, and repairs high voltage street light system.
6. Installs, repairs, and maintains high tension overhead transmission systems, related feeder lines, towers and poles; performs maintenance activities when lines are energized as well as de-energized.
7. Installs and maintains street lighting systems including circuits, poles, arms, and luminaries.
8. Tests, inspects, repairs, and replaces overhead and underground transmission and distribution lines and circuits.
9. Maintains utility power generation and transmission systems, and related components, including circuit breakers, relays, switches, and fuses, transformers, busses, and underground cables, feeders, and associated equipment.