According to Civil Service Commission Rule 109, the duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this job code/class and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
1. Transcribes various material such as court documents, background investigations, legal, medical and psychiatric reports, hearing minutes, or statistical reports by typing material in order to produce a printed document.
2. Performs complex word processing activities involving text editing, proofreading, merging and the use of specialized fields.
3. Attends meetings, table top exercises, and conferences to sit and listen in on data/presentations to scribe minutes in full detail.
4. Maintains a database filing system by retrieving, deleting and updating material in order that the data will be kept accessible and current.
5. Proofreads typed material to ensure correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
6. Interfaces with social workers, office managers, physicians, law enforcement staff, and other personnel to obtain or verify information about assigned material and to handle problems via telephone and in person; interfaces with co-workers in order to work harmoniously as a team.
7. Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.