Dayton Rogers Mfg. Company - Quality Assurance Technician
|Company||Dayton Rogers Mfg. Company|
|Date Opened||9/26/2013 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/25/2013 10:30:00 AM|
In Cooperation with
Midlands Technical College
Dayton Rogers Manufacturing Co.
in recruiting and on-the-job training for their facility. Full time positions are available for:
Quality Assurance Technician
Dayton Rogers is a privately held metal forming company with six regional manufacturing locations across the U.S. In 1929, Dayton Rogers began as a supplier of short-run metal stampings. Today, we are a full service supplier of precision metal formed products with sheet metal fabrication, machining, and metal stamping capabilities.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas and measuring instruments required.
- Develop and apply standards to assure conformity.
- Measure dimensions of parts to verify conformance to specifications, using measures instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges or micrometers.
- Read and understand drawings, job cards, and work instructions to determine specifications, locations of product features, dimensions and tolerances.
- Provide feedback to supervisor, Engineering as to fit, tolerance, appearance or questionable procedures and practices
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask and prioritize work load to meet deadlines.
- Communicate with customers, engineers, and vendors as needed.
- Complete routine paper work, including inspection records, check sheets, and quality non-conformance tags.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree with a minimum of three years of related work experience, training, or equivalent combination.
- Experience working with raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Certification or degree from qualifying program.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Able to conduct inspection of products to evaluate conformance to quality, appearance, or performance standards using drawings and inspection equipment.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various good and services.
- Manual dexterity verified by the ability to quickly move the hand, the hand together with the arm, or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or place objects.
- Identify complex problems, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Able to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- The ability to create and participate in a Shared Values environment, exemplifying the companies People and Business Values.
- Must be able to effectively manage one self, demonstrate integrity, be productive under pressure, and achieve production goals.
- The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Advanced print reading experience.
- Primary working position is with arms extended in front of the body with upper body bent forward.
- 95% of the job requires standing and moving around the equipment, 5% of the job requires assuming awkward positions including kneeling, squatting, or reaching.
- Material movement requires lifting, carrying, twisting/reaching, pushing and pulling.
- The lifting range is from floor level to 64”.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. with 90% of items weighing between 5 and 30 lbs. Lifting aids are available for items weighing over 40 lbs.
For more information visit http://www.readysc.org/daytonrogers.
Apply online now