|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/31/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/5/2015 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Programmer Analyst for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services/Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
Duties & Activities:
• Write, modify, test, debug, and document critical application software.
• Support legacy COBOL 'green-screen' applications.
• Support legacy JAVA (WebSphere) applications.
• Prepare and improve documentation for new and existing custom computer programs.
• Document legacy applications as preparation for migration to PHP and DB2/SQL.
• Assist migration efforts for legacy applications.
• Test and debug applications over the entire application lifecycle; identify and correct errors and issues that arise in a broad range of systems.
• Ongoing maintenance and review of applications, systems and programs.
• Follow best practices and standards for designing and writing code, with strong emphasis on accessibility.
• Adhere to our unit's defined 'look and feel'; provide (ADA) accessible page layout and design in all applications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position may serve as team lead.
Completion of twelve semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work at an accredited college or university; or completion of a minimum of 156 hours of vocational or technical education courses resulting in certification in applications development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in applications development for the required education.