|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/30/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/5/2015 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Data Analyst / Systems Analyst for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS). This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
Job Description/Essential Functions:
This position serves as Data Analyst for DHS/Aging Services, serving as system administrator for AIM product and database. The position provides analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation for maintenance and enhancements to AIM product. The position provides all reporting requirements for Federal National Aging Program Information System (NAPIS) by assimilating data collected from eleven Area Aging Agencies. The position also provides reporting requirements for Aging Services staff, division, and DHS; serves as vendor contact for AIM product; submits data to the Administration for Community Living (ACL); analyzes discrepancies and variances being reported; runs batch data entry; and designs ad-hoc reports for requests from legislators and committees.
Duties & Activities:
• Manage the installation, maintenance, management and administration of the Advanced Information Manager and associated database files which is the Aging Services Division’s on-line database system used to collect and store the elderly services data that supports the National Aging Program Information System (NAPIS). Responsible for the maintenance, management and administration of a web based AIM data system. This encompasses the sole responsibility for Oklahoma’s submission to the annual NAPIS Report by using information entered into Oklahoma’s on-line database system, the annual staffing profile report and the annual expenditure report.
• Review systems specifications for compliance with departmental, division and data base administration standards. Confer with users and vendor representatives concerning database requirements, system performance, software maintenance, capacity planning and data security requirements required to support application development and enhancement and related activities. Install and modify vendor software products. Conduct appropriate tests to ensure compatibility of new or modified programs with operating system requirements.
• Work independently in the design, analysis and maintenance of online databases and interfaces, ensuring their operational characteristics comply with data dictionary systems standards and that the control blocks and data definitions support the databases. Establish direct access files or other file configurations as required to support the automated exchange of information through open database connections. Define data sets and structural parameters for file or space utilization.
• Develop, design, and write the logic for new and customed reports.
• Apply data processing analysis techniques to resolve database performance and integrity problems and ensure sound database design structures.
This position does not perform supervisory duties.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or Management Information Systems and three years of experience with a Relational Database Management system, preferably Microsoft SQL Server or SAP Sybase and SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.