|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/21/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Annual salary up to $53,500 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is seeking a full-time Procurement Specialist for the Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet, the annual salary for this position is up to $53,500.00 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to contract and procure technology resources at the best value for the State of Oklahoma. The position requires an individual knowledgeable in procurement, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware and components, personal computers, servers, software, data and voice communications equipment and services, and supplies. A complete understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies is required.
• Research, acquisition and management of information technology hardware and components, data communications equipment, software and services for the development and management of statewide contracts.
• Implementation and management of the Texas DIR cooperative partnership.
• Research, assistance and acquisition of information technology hardware and components, data communications equipment, software and services for agency specific acquisitions.
• Work with project managers, end users, vendors and project integrators to identify and procure information technology resources.
• Advise agency personnel on departmental rules, regulations and laws.
• Represent the agency at public and private sector meetings.
• Participating in the marketing of the Open Range program.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology or a closely related field plus a minimum of four years experience in procurement, contract negotiations, computer science, information technology as a purchasing agent or buyer or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of technical experience in procurement, contract negotiations, computer science, information technology, or closely related field for each required year of education.
*Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel is required.
*Certification as a Certified Procurement Officer (CPO) is required.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|