|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/13/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Applications Development Specialist for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
The Application Development Specialist will be responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development of appropriate programs or systems. Additionally, works with users, management and others to identify and define long and short-range information services requirements.
• Reviews and analyzes organization's business needs, confers with users to evaluate requirements, discuss
solutions and develop plan of approach;
• Performs all aspects of systems design including writing required programs, testing and evaluation of new
processes and implementation of new applications;
• Prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications;
• Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed;
• Participates in structured walk-through and other activities to review systems and provide training and support;
• Performs ongoing maintenance of Easytrieve, IMS COBOL (TP and BMP) and review of applications systems and programs;
• Identifies problems and develops appropriate solutions;
• Evaluates interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect other applications;
• Produce deliverables related to the assigned projects. Perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems and procedures to solve complex business problems for COBOL IMS TP and IMS BMP, Easytrieve and ORACLE forms applications;
Two (2) years of programming experience in COBOL IMS application maintenance and/or COBOL IMS application development plus the following.
Twenty-four (24) hours of computer science or management information systems course work at an accredited college or university; or a comparable vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer programming; or a bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one (1) year of experience in IMS COBOL application development and/or IMS COBOL production application maintenance for six (6) hours only of the required education.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|