|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/5/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/28/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $58,653.00 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Project Manager / Business Analyst for our Oklahoma City location providing information technology services to the Oklahoma State Department of Agriculture. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet, the annual salary for this position is up to $58,653.00, based on education and experience
In support of the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry and under general supervision; the Project Manager/Business Analyst will have primary responsibility for gathering, managing and communicating requirements that will be used to deliver solutions. It also involves working closely with business sponsors, subject matter experts, stakeholders and other project managers. The PM/BA also has to perform PM duties such as facilitate activities, report on statuses and ensure sponsors stay informed with accurate and timely information to make decisions. This position must be able to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications.
Principle Activities include the following:
• Run routine reports on customer requests and follow up on issues.
• Provide functional support for the agency information systems.
• Interact with stakeholders to define appropriate information systems.
• Create functional specifications for agency information systems.
• Test programming changes to verify adherence to functional specifications.
• Work closely with IT personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve products, services and/or program business processes.
• Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other related meetings.
• Provide direction and support to the project team.
• Responsible for requirement elicitation, requirement analysis (includes creating supporting documentation), requirement communication (verbal and written) and solution assessment.
• Develop project work plans, staffing plans, financial plans and other needed project documentation as necessary.
• Present project status’ to various audiences.
• Engage OMES-ISD resources in Services, Projects, Infrastructure, Applications, and the Business Office as necessary to meet customer needs.
• Work closely with Development teams to ensure project goals are met.
• Communicate with customers about projects, pilots, changes, initiatives, and partnership opportunities.
• Research and maintain an awareness of industry trends for IT, Business, and other relevant areas in order to make knowledgeable decisions.
Special Requirements: Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods; requires minimum travel; requires contact with other departments and state officials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably with emphasis on Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field; or equivalent, relevant work experience
• 4+ years of experience as a project manager
• Experience gathering, documenting, managing and communicating requirements.
• Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Strong technical aptitude, analysis skills, and problem solving skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to work effectively with vendors, customers, agency staff and other state agency staffs.
• Understanding of software development would be a plus
• Interpersonal skills in both written and verbal communication
• Presentation skills
• Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
• Experience in HP ePPM software a plus