|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/13/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $59,314.92 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Server Support Specialist for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet. The annual salary for this position is up to $59,314.92 based on education and experience.
The individual in this position will provide configuration and maintenance support for multiple file and print servers. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in server principles; file security; project management methodology; client server environment; and networking principles. Individual will ensure all scheduled support activities and project deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of user trust, satisfaction and confidence. A complete understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, and data storage and access is required.
• Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and Windows Server operating system software for file and print servers and Microsoft Exchange operating system software for email servers.
• Install, configure, and maintain backup and recovery components in a networked server environment.
• Install, configure, and update server security components.
• Troubleshoot, isolate, and replace operating system and server components. Maintain systems at 99% uptime and reliability.
• Provide user support – create accounts, set user access rights, remove accounts, reset passwords, and assist users as needed.
• Conduct research for server hardware and software upgrades, enhancements, and migrations.
• Implement approved change requests from users to meet all user requirements and schedules.
• Research and stay current on the latest server technologies.
• Monitor system usage and identify areas for expansion or reconfiguration.
• Other assigned duties.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements at this level consist of the completion of twenty-four semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and three years of experience in computer programming or maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting completion of a vocational or technical training course resulting in certification in computer programming for 12 semester hours only of the required course work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in information systems operations for 12 semester hours only of the required course work.
NOTE: No substitution will be permitted for at least 12 semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and two years of computer programming or experience maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
-Minimum of two years experience in administering Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange email.
-Minimum of two years experience in a multi-server environment.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|