|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||4/11/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Programmer/Developer for Oklahoma County location, providing IT services to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services/Information Services Division serving OKDHS. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. . Benefits Packet
Job Description / Essential Functions:
This position is critical to SACWIS project and development and support of the WebFOCUS reports. Position basic role is application design, development, maintenance and support. Position will act as SME/mentor/coach for other FTE in WebFOCUS.
Duties & Activities:
• Produce deliverables as related to assigned projects.
• Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, code walkthroughs, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures to solve business opportunities in a COBOL IMS/DB2 mainframe environment.
• Work closely with our customers, business analysts, team members to understand the business requirements that formulate the design and implementation of quality technical deliverables.
• Ensure that developed solutions align with business and IT policies, legal entities, state and federal law and comply with established architectural standards and practices.
• Create functional and technical specifications for assignments. Make recommendations toward the development of new code or the revision of existing code. Responsibilities may include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, and problem determination.
• Provide developed program quality assurance testing, verify logic, and develop user documentation.
• Investigate and resolve issues involving non-mainframe system interfaces and file transfer completions.
• Perform in a team lead capacity, when necessary, to ensure compliance with established processes, procedures and standards.
• Track and resolve software defects discovered in quality assurance testing activities.
• Develop software implementation plans; resolve production migration obstacles.
• Provide estimates of time and labor when assigned new service requests.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or a related discipline; two years of mainframe COBOL development experience and job control language proficiency.
Experience with DB2 Connect, SCLM, IMS, CICS, DB2, RACF, File Transfer is positive.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|