|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||3/24/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/6/2014 8:46:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Work Station Support Specialist for our Comanche County location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services/Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Identifies and resolves network, hardware and software problems utilizing diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
• Perform initial diagnosis of equipment and software problems conferring with other units and contract vendors to resolve.
• Make proactive checks of server and rack equipment
• Install new equipment when requested.
• Check data lines and resolves problems between server and workstations.
• Set up workstations for out-stationed workers and maintains network upgrades for non-connected equipment.
• Preforms remote administrative security functions for network administrators
• Assists users with software problems and identify training needs.
• Participates in development of county technology training plan to ensure maximized use of computer automation.
• Performs recommended maintenance on network equipment, workstations and peripherals
• Maintains accurate inventory of county data processing equipment as directed
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems at an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in applications development for the required education. Windows XP, Windows 7, Altiris, Remedy, and experience working with end-users. 1 year previous experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting workstations in a networked environment. CompTIA A+ certification or Microsoft Certification is prefered.