|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||3/21/2014 1:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/25/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $44,500.00/year, based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Computer Workstation Specialist for our McAlester location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet, the annual salary for this position is up to $44,500.00 based on education and experience.
• Configure, install, and maintain workstations and laptops in a networked environment.
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems and workstation applications.
• Work with members of the group to analyze workstation, operating system, and application performance. Assist in developing and applying changes to achieve optimum performance. Maintain workstation systems at performance level to meet customer expectations for reliability and stability.
• Identify technologies for inclusion in the workstation environment.
• Provide end user support. Resolve issues pertaining to workstation operation in a networked environment.
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of antivirus and other specialized software.
• Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventories.
• Other assigned duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include twenty-four semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and three years of experience in computer maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting completion of a vocational or technical training course resulting in certification in computer programming for 12 semester hours only of the required course work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in information systems operations for 12 semester hours only of the required course work.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
*Four years of experience in workstation operating systems and applications.