|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||3/4/2014 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/16/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $43,316.64 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is seeking a full-time Procurement Specialist for the Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $43,316.64 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to contract and procure technology resources at the best value for the State of Oklahoma. The position requires an individual knowledgeable in procurement, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware and components, personal computers, servers, software, data and voice communications equipment and services, and supplies. A complete understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies is required. This position will be providing service primarily to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services in the area of procurement and management of telecommunication devices and services
• Work with project managers, end users, vendors, and project integrators to identify and procure required resources.
• Review requisitions submitted by internal staff to determine requirements, direct preparation and assist in modifying requisitions and specifications for the procurement of telecommunications devices and services.
• Responsible for timely and cost effective acquisition of data communications equipment, software and services.
• Administer approved contracts for all communications equipment and services.
• Recommend actions for expense control of telecommunication resources.
• Research and recommend new information technology solutions based on industry developments and trends.
• Advise agency personnel on departmental rules, regulations and laws.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology or a closely related field plus a minimum of four years experience in procurement, contract negotiations, computer science, information technology as a purchasing agent or buyer or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of technical experience in procurement, contract negotiations, computer science, information technology, or closely related field for each required year of education. Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel is required.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.