|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||2/28/2014 10:10:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $55,000.00/Year|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Database Developer for the Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma State Department of Education. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $55,000.00 based on education and experience.
In support of the State Department of Education and under general supervision; the Database Developer is responsible for designing and developing databases and database objects to support Microsoft .Net application development through assigned projects and software enhancements. Primary responsibilities include working through project technical planning and implementation phases to create data models, ETL processes, assign application roles, and develop other database objects at the application level. Ancillary duties require a practical basic understanding of ASP.Net C#-based software development, SQL server database skills, and general computer skills. This environment also requires a demonstrated practical understanding of source control with application lifecycle management, ASP.Net and C#, SQL server clustering, software quality assurance, and operating within an Agile software development lifecycle. This position reports to the Education Application Development Manager.
* Perform Database programming development activities across various MS SQL databases in a dynamic, yet cohesive C# .NET n-tier enterprise wide applications development platform to complete the following:
*Write scripts to create databases, database objects, and assign proper application roles.
* Write scripts to create views, procedures, and functions in support of application development.
* Responsible for design and implementation of database components, dataset transformation and loading, report creation, application interfaces, and business applications by completing the following:
* Create SSIS packages and scripts to migrate data or perform ETLs.
* Assist with the design of databases or review changes to database designs to understand how changes to be made affect the overall data model.
* Responsible for data warehouse/ business intelligence components to include SQL Server, Report Services, Analysis Services, and custom software.
* Create Multi-dimensional Cubes, Dimensions, Facts and data source view.
* Create business level reports in Reporting Services
* Assist in application development and testing as assigned.
* Create, modify, and/or test ASP.Net C#-based applications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Science, Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university
• One (1) or more years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• SOLID Object Oriented programming skills with ASP.Net in C# a plus.
• Experience working in a Software Development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Experience in creating SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export of data to and from SQL Server 2008/2012 using SSIS.
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization and Running Database
• Experience with Source Control and Application Lifecycle Management in Team Foundation Server 2013
• Experience in Logi Analytics tools a plus.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|