|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||2/13/2014 5:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/4/2014 1:47:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost savings opportunities and elevating our service. Our missing is to be a FAST agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
In support of the Career Tech, the Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division, is seeking a temporary part- time Systems Analyst. This is a temporary part time unclassified position in state government without benefits. Duties will include performing systems analysis, computer programming, project management, customer assistance, documentation and maintenance duties as assigned. This is a temporary unclassified position in state government without benefits. This position is located in Stillwater, OK.
The principal activities include the following:
• Interpret and assess use business needs.
• Translate functional requirements into technical designs that satisfy the functional requirements.
• Clearly define and document detailed technical specifications and tasks to address requirements for additions and modifications to Career Tech applications.
• Analyze and design program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
• Perform programming tasks including coding, testing, debugging, and implementing information systems.
• Tracks assignment progress against the established work plan and prepares status reports as defined by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from mangers and customers.
• Ability to work effectively with customers, agency staff and other state agency staff.
• Ability to work both independently or as a team member as required.
• Proficiency in relational database design.
• Ability to manage time, resources, and effort.
• Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts as applicable.
Requirements include twelve hours of Computer Science courses or equivalent at an accredited postsecondary institution and/ minimum of one year web programming experience.