|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||2/7/2014 8:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/6/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $60,000.00/year based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services is seeking a full time Procurement Specialist for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma State Government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $60,000.00 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to contract and procure technology resources at the best value for the State of Oklahoma. The position requires an individual knowledgeable in procurement, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware and components, personal computers, servers, software, data and voice communications equipment and services, and supplies. A complete understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies is required.
Principal Activities: The principal activities include the following:
• Review requisitions submitted by agencies and internal staff to determine requirements, direct preparation of bid specifications and assist in modifying requisitions and specifications.
• Responsible for timely and cost effective acquisition of information technology hardware and components, data communications equipment, software and services.
• Administer approved contracts for all information technology equipment, software, communications equipment and services.
• Work with project managers, end users, vendors, and project integrators to identify and procure information technology resources.
• Recommend actions for expense control of information technology resources.
• Conduct contract negotiations.
• Research and recommend new information technology solutions based on industry developments and trends.
• Advise agency personnel on departmental rules, regulations and laws.
• Represents the agency at public and private sector meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology or a closely related field plus a minimum of four years experience in procurement, contract negotiations, computer science, information technology as a purchasing agent or buyer or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of technical experience in procurement, contract negotiations, computer science, information technology, or closely related field for each required year of education. Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel is required.