|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||9/27/2013 9:10:00 AM|
|Salary||up to $54,696 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services is seeking a full time Information Systems Data Management for our Oklahoma City location at Employees Group Insurance Division. This is an Unclassified position within Oklahoma State Government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $54,696 based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving data management and database system administration. The primary duty is PL/SQL development to create data extracts and reports. Other duties include database design, implementation and maintenance, security administration, capacity planning, performance tuning and performance monitoring, job scheduling, data backup and recovery, business continuity planning and testing, installing vendor software products, coordination of and responsibility for system availability, ensuring the integrity, confidentiality and security of information.
• Designs and implements on-line databases, security access systems, data sets and jobs; defines parameters for file or space utilization; establishes direct access files or other file configurations as required; monitors space utilization and makes modifications as needed.
• Create queries, stored procedures, functions and data exports and imports; performs other data management processes utilizing database protocols.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Provides applications development and other unit personnel with data base and data security information required to support application development and other activities; supports repository/data base dictionary requirements and activities; develops, implements and monitors control blocks and data definitions to support data bases.
• Installs and modifies vendor software products; conducts appropriate tests to insure compatibility of new or modified programs with operating system requirements; uses data base performance and tuning tools in order to monitor and enhance response times and system performance.
• Confers with computer operations, technical support, user and vendor representatives concerning data base requirements, system performance, software maintenance, capacity planning, and data security requirements.
• Reviews systems specifications for compliance with departmental, division and data base administration standards.
• Responds to data base operational emergencies as required including data base recoveries involving the use of data base log files which provide for the recovery of data bases with no loss of data and which do not require the user to reenter data into the data base.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have knowledge of information technology
• Must have knowledge of repository/data dictionary systems; data security systems, and of data base maintenance utilities.
• Must have ability to apply data processing analysis techniques.
• Must be able to resolve and prevent database integrity problems.
• Must be able to perform highly independent work in the design, analysis and maintenance of database and/or data security systems.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle several high-priority projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Five years of experience in data management including creating queries and data extracts and imports using PL/SQL with Oracle 10g or higher versions.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|