COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST II
|Date Opened||1/18/2013 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/1/2013 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,366 - $50,857 with progression up to $62,656 (Grade 15)|
|HR Analyst||Greg Fitzgerald|
Computer Information Services Specialist II
Maryland Higher Education Commission
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy Grasmick Education Building
6 N. Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate statewide annual data collection activities.
- Perform and coordinate agency web site updates.
- Evaluates personal computer hardware and software to provide solutions.
- Perform network assistance and system setup activities.
- Recommend and acquisition of appropriate agency hardware, software, and services.
- Manages and controls inventory of agency computer hardware and software.
- Coordinates the maintenance and modification of the agency network and computer systems.
- Manage agency Information Technology help desk activities.
- Perform technical help desk functions for the agency’s web-based financial aid system.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining personal computer hardware and software.
Note: Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant IT field from an accredited institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interact diplomatically and effectively with people.
- Knowledge of Higher Education and Financial Aid Data Systems.
Apply online via JobAps, and submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “IT Specialist II” in the subject line. If unable to submit via email, faxes may be sent to 410-332-0275.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.